This Morning Cup is a quick shot of espresso! Exciting, bold, and full of flavor! These are the teaser photos from a shoot styled by Trilogy Salon and Spa at the rock star venue that is World Cafe Live at The Queen. If you’re looking for a dynamic duo, you’ve found them right here. Trilogy Salon has that full glamour style and attitude! A perfect match for the edgy, modern style of The Queen. To learn more about how to party in style like a primadonna, check out the links below.
Bridal Essentials to have Flawless Skin on Your Wedding Day (and before your makeup trial),
Meet theExpert: Shea Zephir,
One of the greatest moments of any wedding is awaiting the glamorous reveal of the bride’s finished look. Every bride knows that on her day she will have all eyes on her as she channels her inner red carpet celebrity style for her love. But before we can get to the Oooooo’s and Ahhhhh’s, check out these beauty essentials from Beauty Expert and Make Up Artist Shea Zephir that any bride can do to assure flawless skin for her big day.
Before the Makeup Trial
Even though the makeup trial is just a consultation, having you skin at its best state helps both the makeup artist and the bride customize and create a flawless application that both parties envision. Try some of these tricks to have supple clear skin for your makeup consultation.
9-6 months prior to the wedding date incorporate professional monthly facials into your regime
On a budget, or a naturalista like myself try these DIY Food Masks:
Honey Lemon Mask (Do not exfoliate skin before using this method)
1/2 of fresh lemon
2 teaspoons of raw honey
Mix until the consistency is like that of cough syrup and apply. Leave the mixture on for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water to remove. Pat dry and apply a creamy moisturizer (I highly recommend Cetaphil). This mask only needs to be repeated once a week or twice a month depending on skin sensitivity.
Pore Shrinking Juice Mask
½ Cucumber juice
1 cup Rose water
1 tbs. Lemon juice
Mix above all the ingredients and apply it on your face. Leave it for 20 min then rinse your face. This will definitely shrink your pores.
You should maintain your eyebrows 48 hours before any makeup application to avoid redness and skin irritation. Waxing the brows is a good way to achieve a shape, however threading the brows is a cleaner more precise method, results in less irritation, and the hairs grow back slower and thinner. All facial hair removal should be done 72-48 hours before the wedding day.
Steam and Ice Method:
DIY: Boil a pot of water and apply a few drops of your favorite essential oil; Lavendar, Tea Tree, Chamomile etc. Drape your head over the pot with a towel for 10-15 minutes. Pat your face dry with a cold wash cloth. Fill a medium sized bowl with ice and then take both hands and submerge your face with the ice for 30 seconds. You now have refreshed and taught skin that is free of impurities.
At the Makeup Trial
– Always bring pictures of the beauty looks you want to achieve. Verbal descriptions leave room for dissatisfaction.
– Know what type of makeup wearer you are: Natural, Glam, Retro, etc… this is a helpful guide to what you like to see on your face.
– Understand “Natural” makeup. Many naturalistas are not accustomed to wearing layers of makeup even if the colors are muted and soft. A natural makeup application to the eye and to the camera is very different in intensity. Natural makeup means soft muted colors such as browns, pinks and beiges on the face.
– Always speak up. If you do not like to wear smoky eyes or black liner do not let any artist talk you into that look just because it is an evening wedding. As professionals there are plenty of options for evening makeup looks minus a smoky eye
-Take pictures of the finished product with a high-rez camera and make you final decision then. Remember you wedding is a lifetime event and pictures are forever
After the Makeup Trial
– Continue to maintain the beauty regimes you did before the makeup trail. Flawless skin takes consistency.
– Stay away from using new beauty products. Skin can be very sensitive so don’t risk it.
– Fall in love with lukewarm lemon water. It is a diuretic, aids digestions, boosts your immune system, clears skin, enhances your mood, freshens breath, and aids in weight loss
– Use the Steam and Ice method the night before the wedding for perfectly prep skin on the day of the wedding.
– A month away from you wedding get a hydrating facial with products you already use on your skin. No chemical peels, microdermabrasions, or intense deep pore cleansing facials that can cause ugly irritations.
– Don’t leave the house without using sun screen. Cleanse, moisturize, and protect.
Remember to treat your skin just as you would a baby. Be gentle, consistent, and leave out as many harmful chemicals as possible. Nourish your skin with natural ingredients. Makeup only enhances the natural beauty that is already there. Investing in your skin regime and a professional makeup artist will result in that flawless look you’ve always wanted.